
I'll start with the beginning, the place most stories start. Or in this case, where the trail starts. With one end anchored at Springer Mountain in Georgia, the trail stretches 2,185.9 miles through the Appalachian Mountains until it climbs the lofty heights of Mount Katahdin in Maine.
My trek along this trail will soar up remote mountain peaks, meander through meadow farmlands, walk down the streets of town, and even amble through a zoo. My companion on this journey is none other than the noble Sir Ernesto Peppington III, aka Peppy. One whose brave and loyal soul is surpassed only by the adorableness of his furry face!
 |
| I may be biased, but who can deny his charm? |
Peppy and I will put one foot in front of the other, or in Peppy's case two in front of two, day in and day out for approximately the next six months as we make our way from Georgia to Maine. We will camp in the woods and resupply in towns along the way. We'll be two peas in a pod, sleeping high and dry in my hammock each night.
 |
| Peppy makes a wonderful furnace! |
Synchronize your hiking boots. The clock is currently set at T-minus two days until hiking!
Good luck Patricia and Peppy! Looking forward to joining you on the trail in June!!!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes!
ReplyDeleteSuch an adventure you are getting to take and the things you will learn about yourself will be priceless! Have the time of your life and I can't wait to follow your trip.
ReplyDeleteHi Patricia and Peppy! I am a friend of your mom's and love the outdoors. I've had several friends hike the AT and they've all loved it. I've spent lots of time on rivers...one river I've spent many days paddling is the Nantahala. Along your journey in North Carolina, there is a journal in the NOC (Nantahala Outdoor Center). It's a great place to make a stop and leave a note, watch some crazy white water paddlers and if you have the funds, grab a great meal at the NOC restaurant.
ReplyDeleteExcited to follow you and Peppy's journey on the AT. I will be keeping you and Peppy in my prayers for God to watch over you and Peppy and provide all that you need. Blessings! Nancy Amos
You are extremely inspirational, as is the rest of your family! I wish you the best of luck on the rest of your journey, and I look forward to reading your future posts! Happy trails :)
ReplyDelete