Monday, May 13, 2013

A Blustery Day in May




Yesterday I finished hiking through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. 

Caption: This is my “I’m done with the Smokies dance.”

Last Saturday I got off the trail and went home to Cincinnati with my parents because I wasn’t feeling well.  After going to the doctor, getting some meds, and sleeping all day for a few days I was feeling better.

Once again my parents were amazingly supportive and this time it was my Mom who drove me down and watched Peppy while I spent two more nights in the Smokies.

Caption: Third time is the charm.  I stood here three times for this picture, the first two times I turned around because I wasn’t feeling well.  Third time I didn’t come back.
There were lots of pretty wildflowers blooming in the park.
 .
Although the weather has been cool and very windy, I stayed dry.  Unfortunately, that doesn’t look to be the case for the coming week.  Cool, rainy weather is in the forecast.
Mom and I spent the day shuffling cars around so I am able to drive back to Cincy this coming weekend for my sister Meredith’s graduation.  Now Peppy and I are off to Hot Springs!


Caption: Glad to be back on the trail!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you Patricia, keep going strong. Emre loved his post cars now he wants to know when we are meeting you :). I keep telling him in July but he wants to leave now. Looks like his half brother will be coming down in July and coming with us I am excited because Emre will have someone else in the car. I know it is to early yet but as soon as you know about were you be around the 21st of July let me know. We will meet you where ever you legs are taking you. All our love and prayers. Debbie Shannon & Emre

    ReplyDelete
  2. great progress, love the pics... Peggy is a great! 500 miles.. congrats... Steve J.

    ReplyDelete