And I'm off on the trail again! After saying goodbye to Peppy, I headed east to PA to finish the section between Lehigh Gap and Delaware Water Gap.
| Bye PepPep! |
After three days of slack-packing with the amazing assistance of Bald Bird (he named himself!) I was done with PA!
| Back on the trail! |
| My "Done with PA" dance. |
I jumped up to New York and got back on the trail where I got off last summer. It's amazing how it seems as if I never left. The rocks are right where I left them! I spent a lovely night by Island Pond. I came down Bear Mountain to a park chock full of families celebrating and cooking out. While hiking through the Trailside Zoo, I passed the lowest spot on the Appalachian Trail at the bear cage.
| Such a nice place to camp! |
And now I am spending a lovely evening with a fellow member of Wild and White Blazing who is generously hosting me at her house! The trail is full of blessings :)
So glad you are back out on the trail. We will enjoy living it through your words and photos. Thanks for the update! The Radakovich family
ReplyDelete