I have been enjoying a lovely stretch of hiking sans showers, laundry, or internet. My college roomie Julia joined me the past four days and we had a lovely and eventful four days. Between a bear banging on the bear box in the middle of the first night trying to get our food out (thankfully the box was chained to the tree or it might have rolled down the hill and burst open!) and the sudden monsoon that flooded Julia where she was sleeping underneath my hammock the second night, we are not lacking in stories to tell. We spent a lovely night next to a marsh at a small stealth camping spot last night and then had a cool morning hike into town.
The lack of showers and laundry continues for me as I head up into the Green Mountains of Vermont, having made this brief stop in town. By the time I get a shower and laundry in three days it will feel so amazing! I have crossed the 1600 mile mark and entered Vermont. I have 578 miles and three states to go; the trail is entering the mountains again, and the going is getting steeper.
Thanks to everyone who continues to support me! Pictures to come later...
~Little Bird
No comments:
Post a Comment