Today I reached Erwin, TN at mile 341.5. Peppy and I have had quite the weather mood swings the past few days after getting back on from Meredith's graduation. The first night back, the temperature dipped below freezing, yet yesterday the temperature was above 90! Although many people are heading to trail days from here, Peppy and I plan to keep on hiking.
I am keeping my fingers crossed, because so far Peppy and I have managed to avoid the dreaded norovirus which has struck down other hikers. Once we reach Virginia we should be safe.
I had a wonderful time seeing my family over the weekend for Meredith's graduation. I am so thankful that I have such wonderful family members who are so supportive of my hike. Many thanks to my grandparents Troy who drove me back to the trail!
Look for picture updates when I take a nero day soon, as Peppy and I are just briefly re-supplying today before hiking on!
Stay strong my beautiful and amazing daughter! God is with you and so are we! Godspeed!
ReplyDeleteLoved talking with you the other night when Emre said we have a surprise for you I said (is it alive thinking he had some kind of animal) your mom and Emre just laughed and the next thing I know I was talking with you. can't wait to see you in July. You and Peppy keep going strong and enjoy the beautiful world that God has given us. Praying and thinking about you everyday. See you soon!
ReplyDeleteLove Debbie, Shannon & Emre